Transportation manager Qingpu & Yangpu campus
- 03-10-2021 - Local contract
- Yangpu and Qingpu
- Job function
- Purchase / Office Manager
Recruitment background and job description
The Shanghai French School, Lycée Français de Shanghai, is a day-care school serving foreign students from 3 to 18 years old (kindergarten through high school).
We are proud to provide several linguistic programs with a multicultural teaching staff and a high-quality education.
Certified by the French Ministry of education, our school belongs to the world largest network of 535 schools across 139 countries delivering a single curriculum and an education of excellence recognized worldwide.
It hosts more than 1,560 students on two campuses: one in Qingpu (secondary school from grade 6 through 12) and one in Yangpu (secondary school from grade 6 through 10).
In the French School of Shanghai, the curriculum is unique as it combines the French curriculum with elements of British and American curricula. At senior level students follow the American option of the French Baccalaureate.
The French School of Shanghai is looking for Transportation Manager on both Eurocampuses of Qingpu and Yangpu.
What does it mean, Eurocampus? The Lycée Français of Shanghai (LFS) is the only French school to share two Eurocampuses with the German school (the Deutsche Schule Shanghai - DSS): a real chance for our students who can benefit from a multicultural environment in Shanghai! At Qingpu and Yangpu, our Eurocampuses are real pieces of Europe in the heart of Shanghai. It offers quality infrastructures for the development and well-being of our students: sports centers, swimming pool, theater, documentary centers, international canteens, art center. Together is better!
Under supervision of the Managing Director, The Transportation Manager defines and applies the transport service management to guarantee an optimal level of operation and safety of the bus fleets (92 buses serving 282 stops). It operates on both Eurocampuses, daily carries students and LFS & DSS staff to Qingpu and Yangpu (more than 2000 passengers every day).
Team management on both campuses (Qingpu et Yangpu)
- Manage the Bus Managers to achieve the annual goals (1 Bus Manager for LFS & DSS on each campus),
- On each campus, collaborate with the educational and administrative services of both schools LFS / DSS for adapting and improving the service,
- Evaluate the team for an optimal adaptation to current and future evolutions of the school and staff Transport service,
- Ensure the professionalism and quality of the service offered by its teams and partners.
Management of the service, its subcontractor and its performance
Consistently and in line with the policy on both campuses :
- Manage the main transport subcontractor to ensure compliance with the contract, current regulations and school processes for optimal and efficient service (implement and monitor KPIs).
- Be responsible of the professionalism deployment of a quality service Bus on both campuses (regular and occasional services of school visits, sportive and cultural events or others),
- Guarantee the cleanliness, conformity, security of buses and passengers (including employees working in these buses),
- Take responsibility and daily manage incidents (from traffic, of discipline, management of subcontracted staff, accidents),
- Manage relations with the different authorities in charge of the follow up of this service in Shanghai (the police, traffic police, Education bureau), coordinated with his / her Manager, school Directions and teams managing authorities’ relations,
- Guarantee regulatory compliance and maintenance of our equipment and services, and guarantee the professionalism of bus staffs,
- Manage and being responsible for technical and regulatory controls, licenses renewal (Transport and school licenses, driver’s license…).
- Establish and ensure the follow-up and respect of the operating budgets of the transport service on each campus,
- Manage purchases for the bus service and renewals of subcontracting contracts in coordination with support services.
- Organize and ensure a proactive and professional communication with our users (family and staff) and LFS/DSS services,
- Answer to requests, communicate on the bus service, its solutions and constraints, within a reasonable deadline,
- Keep contact with Bus managers and families when buses are on the way.
Optimize, audit, control
- Manage projects to optimize the tools and methods of the transport service / structure and organize for more efficiency,
- Drive the professionalization of practices and continuous improvement (implementation of the process book and the dashboard for monitoring service performance indicators),
- Go to the field, on both campuses, to audit buses (cleanliness, conformity, maintenance, security, legality) and subcontractor teams, use lines, control gathering points, discuss with staff,
- Drive future projects (optimization, redesign) of bus lines.
The missions and responsibilities are likely to evolve and be adapted according to the profile and mastery of the position.
Skills required (Imperative)
- A bachelor’s degree is required in logistics, maintenance, transportation or Project management, additionally to minimum 15 years of professional experience (including operational positions),
- Experience in managing a transport service or another service with a user interface in an international and multicultural context and / or a school,
- Manage mechanical and technical equipment,
- Manage sub-contractors, a team and various partners,
- Pilote the service and its performance,
- Manage a project (specifications, schedule, costing, supply limits, actors/missions)
- Manage crises and customer feedbacks,
- Have organizational skills, like to structure, optimize operations, and lead changes (quality process approach),
- Shanghai: its road network and geography,
- Relations with the authorities in China and Shanghai,
- The Bus network,
- Safety requirement,
- Clear, strict and kind communication,
- Availability, reactivity,
- Thoroughness, organizational skills: multi-tasking management and ability to prioritize,
- Ability to manage and work with multicultural teams,
- Customer service mind, experience sharing, open minded,
- Adaptability and change management / certification skills,
- Ability to work in a matrix team
- Be able to work in English and Mandarin: fluency in written and spoken is required / be able to work in French and Shanghainese, will be greatly appreciated.
Bi-located position, alternated presence required on both campuses Qingpu and Yangpu.